Our Shared Vision
To raise the educational standards and better the life chances of students within the MAT through working in partnership to challenge and support all schools to continually improve.
Our Core Values:
- Respect for individuals - we work together to create a culture based on trust, respect and dignity.
- Integrity - we are open, honest and direct in our dealings
- Collaboration - we know that there is strength in working together, communicating, sharing ideas and best practice and finding more efficient and effective ways to deliver our objectives
- Continual improvement - we are a learning organisation that strives always to ‘make our best better.’
- Accountability - we hold ourselves accountable and take ownership
We will achieve our vision through:
- Fostering a culture of high expectations and raising aspirations of all learners
- Inspiring, challenging, engaging and supporting all our learners to reach their potential and achieve excellent outcomes
- Striving for excellence in all aspects of teaching and learning
- Providing every learner with the skills, knowledge and qualifications to enable them to access the next stage of their education / career
- Developing in our learners the resilience and flexibility to be able to adapt to the changing world they will meet
- Promoting learning in its broadest sense, across and beyond the taught curriculum.
- Developing a curriculum that meets the individual needs and aspirations of all learners through a collaborative approach to curriculum planning and shared resources, especially vocational provision.
- Sharing our local expertise for improving behaviour and attendance across the MAT in order to improve attendance for vulnerable groups, reduce exclusions and ensure all learners have access to a high quality education at all times.
Working in Partnership
There is a commitment from all schools in the Trust to support each other in providing the very best quality of education for all our students.
Through working in partnership we will aim to achieve the following:
- Secure a culture of high aspirations and expectations across the Trust and all its school
- Build capacity for continued and sustained improvement and support of schools requiring formal support leading to accelerated rates of progress and achievement
- Enhance our central and shared services to maximum organisational and cost efficiencies
- Provide robust and consistent policies, procedures and systems complying with legislative requirements
Partner schools undertake to contribute to the success of the Trust by:
- Working together in a spirit of collaboration and cooperation to further the interests of all Trust members.
- Celebrating and building on the traditions of all partner schools within the Trust.
- Developing our specialisms and strengths across the partnership whilst supporting one another in our respective areas for development.
- Taking a partnership approach to the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Ensuring that our facilities are used to their fullest extent by the partnership and its community.
- Coordinating our calendar to ensure that it enhances the opportunities for staff and students to work on partnership initiatives.
- Contributing to partnership wide CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Adapting our timetable and options system to promote wider choice and participation for staff and students within the partnership.
- Deploying our best teachers, managers and leaders within the partnership, to promote the best teaching and learning across the partnership.
- Making a unique contribution to the development of knowledge, skills and understanding in education.
- Providing the Directors with accurate and useful information about the progress of the partner schools
Two Counties Trust Priorities 2016 - 2017
- Build the capacity of our academies to continually improve their performance
- Close the gap in educational outcomes by having high expectations of all children and young people;
- Provide strong governance, leadership and accountability
- Planned growth of our Schools and Trust:
- school places
- expansion of schools
- To improve Trust provision and effectiveness with regard to central services and school improvement to secure high quality outcomes
- Further develop expertise and skills within the leadership and management function of the Trust
- Deliver high-quality, value-for-money support services.